Friday, September 26, 2008

Why I respect the awesome power of nature- Hurricane IKE- the storm that almost was in Florida

Hurricane IKE Slideshow

Higher resolution slide show:

Hurricane Ike photos
View SlideShare presentation or Upload your own. (tags: hurricane ike)




We were in the dead center of the "cone of error" or "cone of uncertainty" for almost 1 week and then we were spared when Hurricane Ike skirted around the bottom of Florida and headed to Texas. (See the graphic to the right above or click here to watch loop of how IKE's cone of error changed over time).

I can't believe this could have happened here...and I thought our Hurricane Wilma in 2005 was bad...

Youtube movie version:


Trust me when I say that Ryan and I have a healthy respect for the awesome power of nature...

No comments: