Monday, November 5, 2007

Week 8, Exercise 18: Web-based Applications


Week 8, Exercise 18: Web-based Applications

 

I love the idea of web-based applications!  This seems like a great tool especially for those of us that find the MS Office suites a bit prohibitive in price.  Also, for someone like me who does environmental research in the field, this type of technology is innovative in that we can not always travel with our laptops and the computers we do have access too are VERY old and basic, but usually always have internet access, but not many other programs.  Now we could write up research, enter data, and even create presentations available anywhere we have internet access!

 

I am currently authoring this post on Zoho, so hopefully I post it successfully!

 

I also liked the idea of the Google Calendar mentioned in the pod-cast for this exercise.  I'm going to check it out and compare it to the Zoho planner and see which I like best!  I love the idea of a personal online calendar accessable anywhere, not just from your computer!

No comments: