Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Week 6, Exercise 13: Tagging, folksomonies & social bookmarking in Del.icio.us


This is a new technology that I can not wait to use at home to add my favorite websites that I have bookmarked on my computer. They are, just as the tutorial said, unorganized and overwhelming. I think this is a great tool!

I love the idea that you can use the social networking aspect of this to find new websites you did not know of and add them to your del.icio.us tags- what a great ideal and handy tool!

I also really like that I can access my bookmarks from anywhere, not just my home computer. That is a very helpful feature so that I don't have to remember or search for my favorite sites when I am working on other computers.

I can definitely see this has great potential as a wonderful tool for research assistance. You can create a whole list of tags and share with others that may be researching the same topic- then you would both mutually find even more resources!

http://del.icio.us/

No comments: